Holy Grail In America
1. What were the circumstances surrounding the discovery of the Kensington Runestone? Who was Olaf Ohman? What was happening in the United States at the time of the discovery?
2. What were the evidences that suggested the Runestone was authentic? What were the evidences that suggested it was a hoax?
3. The documentary poses this key question: If the Runestone is authentic, why was it carved in the first place? What are the various ways that this question is used to prove or disprove the authenticity of the Runestone?
4. What was the contribution of Newton H. Winchell to the Runestone Controversy?
5. Who is Scott Wolter and what expertise does he bring to the Runestone Controversy? What does he find about the physical appearance of the carvings of the runes and the root markings on the stone? How did geologists react to his findings? How did archaeologists react? Were any geologists interviewed to provide support for Wolter?
6. Who are these talking heads and what is their expertise?
7. How does the documentary describe the origins of the Knights Templar? What is the treasure/secret and special knowledge that the Templars are supposed to have found? Does the documentary ever reach a conclusion about the nature of the Templar treasure or special knowledge?
8. Why were the Templars destroyed and how did it occur?
9. What happened to the survivors of the Knights Templar according to the documentary?
10. What controversies are associated with the runes on the Runestone such as the dotted R and the X with the umlaut (..) indicating an A sound. How did the Larsen papers discovered in 2004 impact the controversy? What is the evidence from the Gotland Island churches regarding runes and dating of inscriptions? Are any scholars given an opportunity to rebut these evidences?
11. What is the evidence of other runestones?
12. What is the theory that the Kensington Runestone was a land claim?
13. Describe the supposed Templar treasure discovered in southern Illinois in the Little Egypt region?
14. What is the relationship between the Templar treasure and the Holy Grail?
15. Who are these talking heads and what is their expertise?
16. Describe the idea that there were two Templar voyages to America? What was the purpose of the second voyage in 1398? Who was Prince Henry Sinclair and what was his role in the Templars? What are the Micmac Indian legends that are possibly associated with Prince Henry Sinclair and the figure of Glooskap? How is the Zeno Narrative related to Prince Henry Sinclair and the Templars?
17. What does the testimony of Darwin Ohman and Niven Sinclair add to the documentary? Is it convincing? It is unbiased?
18. What is the significance of Oak Island in the story of the Templars in America, or the Westford Knight effigy, the Spirit Pond Runestones, the Narragansett Stone, and the Newport Tower?
19. A number of the talking heads are associated with the New England Antiquities Research Association (NEARA). What is the group and how credible is it?
20. What is the role of the hooked X in Scott Wolterís theory of the Templars in America?
21. What does the documentary suggest was the role of the Templars in Columbusís voyage to America?
22. What does the documentary mean by sacred geometry?
23. What does the documentary suggest was the role of the Freemasons in the founding of the United States?
24. Did you find the contentions of the documentary to be well supported by the evidence presented? Why or why not?
25. Were the various pro and con arguments about the Runestone and the Templars fairly represented by the amounts of time allotted to the various talking heads?
For a printer-friendly version of this webpage,
If you don't have the Reader on your pc,
Click on the map of Atlantis